What is Express KYC?
- Express KYC check is a fast-paced process of identifying and verifying our user's identity when opening an account and maintaining records periodically over time thereafter.
- In other words, CoinSwitch KYC makes sure that our users are genuinely who they claim to be.
- As a user, you can now complete your CoinSwitch KYC in less than 30 seconds.
- You need to simply verify your Aadhaar Number through a one-time password sent to your Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
- This service is provided by DigiLocker, a Government of India initiative.
What is DigiLocker?
- DigiLocker is an Indian online digitization service.
- This service is provided by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, as part of its Digital India initiative.
- DigiLocker creates a cloud account for every Aadhaar holder.
- The account holder can access authentic documents/certificates in digital format from the original issuers of these certificates.
- These documents/certificates include PAN details, driver’s license, vehicle registration, ration card, income certificate, etc.
How can I use DigiLocker/Express KYC to complete my KYC?
To complete your KYC using DigiLocker/Express KYC mode, watch the video below or follow these simple steps:
- You can now complete your KYC through DigiLocker/Express KYC by choosing Express KYC in the selection page.
- You will need to enter your Aadhaar number and provide the one-time password sent to the Aadhaar-registered mobile number.
I have not set up my DigiLocker Account. Can I still complete KYC via DigiLocker/Express KYC?
Yes, you can complete your KYC. In order to complete your KYC using DigiLocker/Express KYC, you will only need:
- Aadhaar Number
- Aadhaar-registered mobile number
- PAN number
Is it safe to use DigiLocker?
- DigiLocker is a Digital India Initiative of Ministry of Electronics & IT (MeitY).
- It aims at Digital Empowerment where there is an access to authentic digital documents to citizen’s digital document wallet.
- It has been designed with all the necessary safety measures and also carries an ISO 27001 certificate.
- You can only access the DigiLocker account through a unique User ID and password linked to your Aadhaar number, for additional security.